config precedence??
mark lewis
2014-07-10 14:09:57 UTC
Binkd 1.1a-49 (Feb 3 2014 01:00:12/OS2)
Compilation flags: gcc (klibc), zlib, bzlib2, https, ntlm, amiga_4d_outbound,
bwlim.
Facilities: fsp1035 rfc2553emu

at the very last of my binkd.cfg i have

include my_conns.cfg
include binkd.txt

both contain node entries... my understanding is that the second file does NOT
override the first file's data... in particular, the node's domain/ip... is
this correct??

thanks for your time! ;)

)\/(ark
Tommi Koivula
2014-07-11 04:10:20 UTC
On 10/07/14 18:09, mark lewis -> all wrote:

ml> at the very last of my binkd.cfg i have

ml> include my_conns.cfg include binkd.txt

ml> both contain node entries... my understanding is that the second file
ml> does NOT override the first file's data... in particular, the node's
ml> domain/ip... is this correct??

I think that the last will override the previous one. This is what I have
written remarks in my config file :)

'Tommi
mark lewis
2014-07-11 10:57:37 UTC
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, Tommi Koivula wrote to mark lewis:

ml> at the very last of my binkd.cfg i have

ml> include my_conns.cfg
ml> include binkd.txt

ml> both contain node entries... my understanding is that the second
ml> file does NOT override the first file's data... in particular, the
ml> node's domain/ip... is this correct??

TK> I think that the last will override the previous one. This is what
TK> I have written remarks in my config file :)

really really weird as mine's been working for years when i've added an
override to my_conns.txt before it appeared in binkd.txt...

the initial problem which drew my attention was a node's entry having its old
domain name put back in place for some reason... but it this case, it didn't
work... since i raised the question, the node's proper domain has returned to
the nodelist and thus the binkd.txt file... i will make the change of order to
my config and see what happens...

thanks!

FWIW: i do note this from the ancient binkd.cfg (24 Jul 2000) that came in one
of the original archives...

# Define a link:
# node [[z:]n/]n[.p][@domain] [-nr|-nd] [-md] [-ip] [{hosts|-} [{pwd|-}
[flavour [{obox|-} [{ibox|-}]]]]]
#
# * All non-"-" fields will redefine values specified for the same node
# earlier in config.

which appears to confirm your statement, too...

)\/(ark